Reel Highlights

Monday, October 23, 2006

The cold shoulder (from March)

(this story is from March 28, 2006, I'm just now getting it into this blog!)

So, yesterday, I didn’t spend much time with the kids. Granny and Jiichan were here playing with the kids in the morning. Then while Xander was napping, I slipped out to celebrate a friend’s 30th and my 35th birthdays with an afternoon at the spa and then off to dinner. I hurried home to help Chris put the kids to bed. Only when I got home, Chris had done a great job and all was quite, kids were in bed, and I wasn’t needed! And, holy cow, Xander slept through the night! He slept from 8pm to 6:30am, which is I woke him up making sure he wasn’t dead. (Sidenote, this is the first time we slept through the night since he was born over 14 months ago! Phew!)

This morning, I saw familiar lights. No amount of caffeine or Tylenol would fix my oncoming migraine. So Chris took the kids for a while. When I came back down, headache subsided, I came downstairs. I sat down next to Venice, who immediately shrank away from me and exclaimed, “No! I don’t want you near me.” I had heard some noises and knew she was having a bad day, so I didn’t think anything of it. So, off to play with Xander.

I went outside to hang out with Xander. When I saw him, I got down and asked for hugs and kisses. He looked me in the eye and slowly turned his back to me. Once in a while he’d look slightly over his shoulder to see if I was still looking at him. If I was, he’d turn his back on me again. No love for Mommy.

Then at an afternoon party this same day, Venice was running and took a spill. She got up, dusted herself off and ran to me crying. She then saw Daddy beyond me and ran right by me saying, “Not you.” Wow, right in front of several party strangers, all were shocked to see her skip over her mommy.

The rest of the day went somewhat smoothly, but it has definitely been felt that Mommy was being punnished for being gone.

Tomorrow, however, is Monday and order WILL be restored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home