Reel Highlights

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Grandkids Play Together...

Just a quick report of one touching incident involving Teiya, but more widely, Venice, Casey, and Xander...

First, just to say that when Venice and Casey and I left Crest School when I picked him up for our outing, the two again had a difficult time deciding where they wanted to go - Amazon Park was one place, but then Venice started pushing for someplace "inside" as it was too hot...! - The "inside" meant a paying place, such as Emerald Lanes for bowling, or Chuck-E-Cheese, or the like - I told her that it was still summer, and the weather was so nice, we wouldn't be doing anything inside till the weather got colder...

Well, this didn't stop Venice - she tried thinking of another place indoors that didn't involve spending any money, while Casey was content with going to Amazon Park - the two couldn't agree...

Venice continued to push for someplace indoors, and I finally suggested that we could go to Granny & Jiichan's house and they could play indoors downstairs in the basement - the two loved the idea, so we headed home - I was on a chip purchasing errand for snacks for our evening with our friends, the Colemans, so we went first to Market of Choice, and then home...

Granny was surprised that we were coming so early, but the explanation explained it all...

So - at one point, the 4 kids were playing downstairs, and Venice and Casey, as the older ones, were given "responsibility" for "supervising" the younger ones - Granny had instructed Xander and Teiya that they were to obey and mind Venice and Casey if anything came up...

Then, at one point Venice and Casey come to the back door, and Venice explain that Xander had hit her, and she had this most innocent look on her face - I asked if she'd done anything to provoke him, and she said, no, she hadn't...

I thot for a moment whether I needed to go down and get Xander's side of the story, or should I just tell Venice to deal with it....I decided to go down and try with everyone there to figure out what happened, and try to ameliorate the situation...

On the way down, I could hear Teiya crying, so decided that it was a good thing I'd decided to come down...

When I entered the basement, Xander was happily running around babbling and singing - Teiya was sitting on the ledge of the upper area, crying - I picked her up, and asked what had happened...

She said that Xander had told her she wasn't Teiya...! - Sniffsniff....I asked her again, as I didn't understand what she meant, but she only repeated what she'd said the first time - I asked Xander if he'd said to Teiya that she wasn't Teiya, and he said no, he hadn't said that, that he said she wasn't Xander...! - Major puzzlement on my part, as nothing either of them said made any sense...

I asked Teiya if he'd said that she wasn't Xander, and she said yes - I said I didn't understand, as she isn't Xander, so why did that upset her...? - Teiya wasn't able to explain...

Then I thot that maybe it had to do with Venice's comment when she and Casey came up to tell me that Xander had hit her, that she had left Teiya in charge of Xander...!

I asked Teiya if Xander had done anything to her to make her cry, but she said no - I asked if when Venice told her that she was in charge of Xander, did she know what that meant, and she said no....I asked if not knowing what that meant made her unhappy, and she nodded yes - and, Teiya further said that when Venice told her, she talked really loud, and that made her unhappy, too...

So - mystery solved...! - When Venice and Casey left the basement to come up to make her criminal report, she left Teiya in charge of Xander, and not knowing what that meant, made Teiya unhappy enuff to cry...

Don't you just love it...?!

Gordon...

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home