Reel Highlights

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Updates Through Stories

So, just thought I'd send along a few stories of this past week as our way of a 'Venice' update. These are the times I live for... so innocent, so thoughtful, so
funny.


Mommy and Venice conversations
---------------------

Venice: Mommy?

Mommy: Yes?

V: How did we buy our house?

M: Well, we gave lots of money to someone who was selling the house and they gave us the keys.

V: (after thinking for a while) So, how did we fit it into the shopping cart?

M: (realizing this was actually what she intended with the first question) Oh! We paid the money and they built the house for us on our land. We never had to put the house in the shopping cart.

V: Oh, I understand.

-----------------
We've talked about how Venice's teeth will fall out when she's about 5 years old and that new ones will grow in. She's very obsessed with this phenomenon.

Venice: My teeth will fall out when I'm five.

Mommy: (hoping Venice doesn't get to scared by this, slightly change the focus of the conversation) Yes! And we'll put the tooth under your pillow and the Tooth Fairy will come at night to take it away and leave money or a suprise.

V:Why?

M: To celebrate that you're becoming a big kid.

V: (quiet)

M: (Oh crap. Did I scare her with the idea of someone coming into her room at night?)

V: And then the fairy comes back and puts big teeth back into my mouth, just like yours.

M: Yes. (phew)

-----------------------
Venice had picked some flowers with Jiichan the day before and had put them into her flower pots.

Venice: I need to find the damn flower.

Mommy: You need to find the 'what' flower?

V: The damn flower.

M: Show me.

V: Here it is! The damn flower! It's missing some parts.

M: (still not believing my ears) What are you calling it?

V: The damn flower.

M: Why are you calling it the damn flower?

V: Because it is missing some parts.

M: Who called it 'damn'?

V: Me and Jiichan.

M: (thinking Jiichan's busted, I write him an email about the story.)

V: What are you typing?

M: I'm writing an email to Jiichan about the flowers
you were looking at.

V: You mean the dead flowers?

M: (phew) Yes! The dead flowers (not the damn flowers)

final note: Jiichan replied... he thinks he might have said, "Damaged flower".

------------
Still looking at the same 'damaged flowers'

V: Why are some of the parts (petals) missing?

M: (quiet while I think of my 100th answer to her 100th question for that day) Why do you think?

V: (thinks a while...) Maybe a bird came down and ate it and made it into bird poop.

M: Maybe!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home