Reel Highlights

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Eating - More or Less

So, the last few days has brought a change in Xander's eating habits. If I attempt to feed him with a spoon, more often these days, he screams. Loudly. Angrily. He wants the spoon himself. However, if it's not a particularly 'sticky' food, he winds up tossing it across the room or down his shirt. I try to give him as much finger food as possible. However, he will rake with both hands. One will grab the food and make it into his mouth, while the other is just raking the food onto himself or the floor. Thus, mealtime is no longer as successful as it used to be. Or as quiet. Xander screams if I don't allow him to feed himself, and I scream as he makes mess after mess. I love him for his drive towards independence, but .... oy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home