Reel Highlights

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Dec Updates

Today I turned around and found Xander, who had used our small step stool, standing on the rim of the bathtub, hands in the air, looking so proud of himself. Oy.

He's talking more and more. At a gathering a few days ago, another mom heard him say "steps" when I said to watch the step as he was walking. When Chris arrived at the party, he clearly said, "Dadday!" When he found me in the kitchen the other day, he said, "Mommy!" It's so great to hear him talk. He still loves to drop things on purpose and exclaim, "Uh, oh!" and now loves to put his lips together and make a trumpet noise with lots of spit. He cracks himself up.

Venice is learning new songs in school. Holiday songs. She loves to belt out, "On the first day of Christmas my troll gave to me..." Somedays she asks to marry me, other days Chris. Today, she asked again, "Can I be the next Mommy?" She wants to be the next Mommy in the family. I now just say, "Yes" as one time I offered an explanation of, "someday you'll fall in love with someone and want to spend the rest of your life with them and your own family in your own house." She later said to Chris, "Mommy said I can't live here anymore." Ouch.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home