Reel Highlights

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Pretending

Venice is so into pretending. All day long, all I hear is, "Mommy. Pretend that you're the bus driver and I wanted to take a ride." or "Mommy. Pretend that I was a caterpillar in a cocoon, but that you didn't know what was inside." or "Mommy. Pretend that you were my Daddy and that my real Daddy was my Mommy." or "Mommy. Pretend that I was the Mommy and you were the baby." or "Mommy. Pretend that I wanted to go to sleep, but that I needed to have a story read to me." or "Mommy. Pretend that you couldn't see me and I scared you when I said, 'boo!'" or "Mommy. Pretend that I was a fairy princess and I was having a sleepover with all my friends." or "Mommy. Pretend that we're in dance class and I'm the teacher and you didn't know waht to do." and on and on and on and on. Chris and I are convinced that she will be an actor or a writer someday with her vivid imagination and desire to act out scenarios.

One thing that I need to capture on video as it's just so awesome, is that she's into interpretive dance. She asks me to read a story or make one up and she'll dance to it, acting out the words I'm saying. It's pretty amazing to watch and she has a lot of fun doing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home