Reel Highlights

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanksgiving, Kid Style

I asked Venice and Xander if they knew what was coming up next week...they said no, then Venice said...oh I remember...it is Thanksgiving. So I asked them if they knew what it meant.

Xander said, it means giving and thanking.... (could anything be more succinct)

Venice said thanking people who help you and then she said, she was sad that two of her friends (sorry, can't remember their names) couldn't celebrate Thanksgiving with her family. I said why was she sad and she said then she would thank them for helping her do a flip with only one knee...I told her that perhaps on the day before Thanksgiving, she could thank them...she thot that was a great idea!!

Another story...
After Casey arrived, they all wanted to go down to the basement to play....so I asked Casey to take care of Xander and make sure he stayed where he needed to. I told Xander to please do what Casey asked. Venice got a very sad face and said why can't I be the boss of Xander, I am his big sister. Paul, who was standing there quietly said that was the very reason. I explained to her that I thot Xander would be more apt to listen to Casey. By now I am hugging her...I asked if that made her feel better....but she jumped away from me and said, I know.....if Casey needs help, I will be the one that comes upstairs and gets you!...So I told her that was a great idea and the 3 went off happily to the basement....

Granny

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home