Reel Highlights

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Move my buddies

Venice has been listening to our conversations about possibly moving. She gets anxious when talking about leaving our home, backyard and friends. The other day she said while the outsides of her lips were curling down and you could see her 'being brave, "Mommy. If we move I want to bring my buddies." I know she's been worried about leaving her friends, so I asked, "Which buddies would you want to bring?" She replied, "All of them, the bears, the dogs... and what about my big bed?" I then realized she was talking about all of her stuffed animals. "Of course we'd bring all your buddies." "Would I have to sleep in my sleeping bag and leave my big bed here?" "No! We'll bring your bed, your blankets, your pillows, and all your buddies." "What about the bowls?" "Yes, we'll bring the bowls. Even all your toys and books." "How will it all get there?" "We'll pack it up into boxes and hire a big big big truck to take it to the new place." Venice replied in an anxious voice, "But that would take years!" "Actually, it would probably only take a few weeks." While she is still a bit worried about moving, this conersation has made her feel a little bit better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home