Reel Highlights

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Real versus Imagionary

Yesterday, Teiya and Xander were playing GO....Teiya was making patterns, Xander was reading the instructions and trying to figure out the game. I don't know how to play so I showed him the patterns in the instruction book and he began copying them. Then Teiya got bored and went over to the shelf and got the stone unicorn off and began playing with it. Somehow we got to talking about what is real and what is imagination.. I told her that unicorns were from the imagination but that they weren't real. She looked up and with an adult voice said...I am quite sure I have seen one...but I can't remember where. So I said maybe in a story somewhere..then she got a bright look on her face and said...I saw it on Dora. So I said Dora is imaginary as well and she looked at me with pity and said no....she saw a real unicorn on Dora....I quit.

Later we were talking about pets and I told them we had a cat once. Teiya piped up and said we had a cat named 'Toast.' But he is dead...a few moments of silence. Then she said I am not sad he is dead because I have a gold fish!....then a silence. Then in slight frustration, I wanted to name the goldfish Toast, but we couldn't do that....I said his name is goldie isn't it and she said yes... Xander heard these conversations, but didn't say anything...just listened....

After Venice came, we were outside playing and I showed them the daffodils in my neighbor's yard and Venice suggested we go on a flower walk and see all the flowers. So we did and we saw crocus (lots of different colors- purple, white, white with purple stripes, lavender, etc), daffodils (both big and small)...several small plants that I don't know the name of... mostly purple blooms, some white ones...the kids were so happy running from house to house inspecting the plants. Venice would have loved to pick them but she knew she couldn't. I also told her that the crocus probably wouldn't last at all if we picked them.

All three - Venice, Xander, Teiya made cards with stickers...they love to use the circus stickers and stack people on top of each other....Venice and Teiya played together quite a bit. Xander played on the computer and enjoyed himself with that. He also went to the bathroom twice and seemed to feel quite proud and happy when he did.

I am sure there is more, but these are the highlights.
Granny

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home