Reel Highlights

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Discussions with the Grandkids

Had a short discussion with Teiya and Xander about what a week is. First, however, as a lead in....Xander says my mom was gone a long long time to Vegas...Teiya said, "about a week?" He said, Yes. I asked him if he missed his mom....he said, yes, then quickly no...I asked if she called every night...he said yes....Then Teiya says, is a week 7 days? I said yes. We then named the days of the week....and counted them...Everyone was satisfied....

Had a longish discussion with Venice about cremation. We passed a cemetery (because I took a wrong turn)....the one at the top of the University, very old....Venice, said..."oh, there's a graveyard." I said yes. She then said, "I wonder if Satie's grandmother is buried there." I said I didn't think so as this was a very old graveyard and I thot that Satie's grandmother was buried somewhere else. Somehow she asked a question...I don't remember what....and the topic of cremation came up. I told she and Casey what cremation was...Just so you know all thru this conversation, Venice was very matter of fact and interested.....So then I said that sometimes people choose cremation because it doesn't use up land....and also, after a person is cremated the ashes can be scattered. I said sometimes people scatter them in the ocean and they know the person they love is always there...or they put the ashes on plants in their yard and the person is with them thru the plants. Venice was getting happier and happier...she loved these ideas!....then I said some people put the ashes in a vase with a lid...called and urn....and sometimes ashes are shared. So some go to different members of the family. She nearly flipped out with joy....she said can I have some of your ashes and Jiichan's....I said probably...then she said, "I will be a collector of ashes" I will get as many as I can....then when I die I will have my ashes mixed in and then give that to my children in my will. They will go on and on forever........ So then I asked Casey what he thot about all of this...was it good or bad...he basically said he didn't know...he spoke kind of tentatively...but wasn't sure what he thot........

then it was on to other topics...

Granny

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home