Reel Highlights

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Reading Maps

Venice became very interested in the map on our way to Coldstone...I couldn't get it to her in time for her to use. But on the way home, she and Casey spent the entire time trying to trace our trip.
We were on Pearl to 18th when they began to look. They found the correct page in the book at my instruction, So imagine me trying to tell them where Chambers is...I did remember it was in the middle of the map more or less....so they looked and looked and finally found Chambers....By now we were on 18th. So I told them to go over a few streets and they would find City View....Well they couldn't figure out what direction. I told them to go to Casey's left hand...still didn't help....so I said put your finger on Chambers and go to the next street...see what the saw....they said 7, 5,...so I said move in the other direction and that they would find 18....so they went 3, 2....I said go to the 5, then go in that direction and suddenly found 18....So I said go along 18 one street and tell me the name...Venice said which way....I said it didn't matter because I could tell what to do after they told me....so she shouted out Polk....so I said now go the other way until you get about 6 streets away and you will find City View....they did, they were so happy...so then I said go up City View....to 19....they said which way...I said just go on City View and tell me the number you see....They found 22....so I said keep going that direction and you will find 27....Venice found 28...I said go back one....Casey found 27....I said move your finger across the page and you will see Panorama...they did....they were so excited....by now we were actually at Chambers. and 18 so we continued on 18 and they traced it to City View and up City View to Panorama....they were quite proud....

Also in all of this they were reading the streets we crossed...and recognized the President's names....and wanted the first names of the pres...I don't know all of them...but more than they did....

fun ride.
Granny

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home